Tuesday, April 27, 2021

"Ruby" Anniversary!

Our 40th Wedding Anniversary came: April 25, 2021! 
We had been looking forward to a big celebration with family and friends. We had prayed that Covid-19 would be winding down and it would be safe for us to celebrate.
Problem is: We got Covid in January. I experienced mild symptoms and recovered well. My husband died from it on February 16. We were able to share our love and gratitude for our 40 years together in a conversation before he could no longer speak. 
I love him so much and I miss him desperately. My children and I celebrated the special day with this cake which my "daughter" helped me make. Four of us enjoyed dinner together and shared cake. 

This cake is an 8-inch round Strawberry 3-layer cake with Cream Cheese Icing. The hearts are Rolled Fondant. 


 

No comments: